English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development
Final Verdict: This is a great course for effectively teaching you how to teach children through fun and play. This is important if you're trying to teach a child English as a second language, ...
- Quality of Presentation5.0
- How Effectively the Course Teaches the Subject4.5
- Value Proposition (Was This Course Worth It?)5.0
- Our Review of the Website Overall4.1
Final Verdict: This is a great course for effectively teaching you how to teach children through fun and play. This is important if you’re trying to teach a child English as a second language, which can be a difficult task since the child is also still learning their native language. This course will give you the skills to connect using some universal communication tools.
Free Course on Early Childhood Education
If you’re a parent or teacher, this course will help you understand how to effectively communicate with children so that you can use fun and games to play and teach them new concepts and ideas at the same time. This was a fun and interesting course to take that has a strong emphasis on learning through play.
This free course: English In Early Childhood is primarily aimed at helping you teach children English, but approaches this with a firm foundation in empathy and compassion so that you can connect and teach on a level appropriate for young children. This free course on early childhood education covers the following topics:
- Learning how kids learn best with a focus on early childhood.
- Teaching through play and learning through play in theory and practice.
- Effectively communicating, interacting and talking with children.
- Guiding the learner to naturally learn English in a fun and comfortable progression.
- How to keep the learning environment positive and engaging so that children have fun and stay safe.
- How to work with the individual needs of each student and best meet their long term learning needs.
FutureLearn also has a bunch of other free courses on education and teaching. This includes additional courses that are good follow ups to this course, as well as other early childhood education courses. FutureLearn also has this great free follow up course called Teaching English: How to Plan a Great Lesson, so check those links out now if you’re interested.
Thanks for reading this review. I enjoyed this course and recommend it as an effective way to learn how to reach and teach children on their own level. If you’ve taken the course and would like to share your experience, please leave your review below. Keep learning and growing!
Free Course: English In Early ChildhoodFREE
Quality of Presentation5.0/5
How Effectively the Course Teaches the Subject4.5/5
Value Proposition (Was This Course Worth It?)5.0/5
Our Review of the Website Overall4.1/5
- Logical division of topics kept everything simple & self contained but also built each subsequent section off the foundation laid before it.
- At the time I took this, it was a free course.
- It benefited my own family life.
- A little bit of repetition at times.
- Some simple concepts get a little too much time devoted to them.